How does COOP work?
Whether you are looking to rent a truck or have a truck sitting idle, COOP by Ryder is the solution. We’ll answer a few questions to help you understand the concept.
What is COOP?
COOP is a vehicle-sharing platform that connects businesses who have idle trucks, tractors, and trailers with other trusted companies that need to rent commercial vehicles. We provide an online marketplace where local vans, trucks, tractors, and trailers can be reserved at competitive prices.
How does COOP work?
Your business can join the platform to rent or list vehicles. The platform does not support any personal rentals.
All of our users, Renters and Owners alike, are carefully vetted to ensure they meet our required insurance and operating authority standards.
If you are looking to rent, there are many commercial vehicles available through COOP’s platform including cargo vans, trucks, tractors, and trailers. It’s really simple:
- First, register a new account so that your business can join the platform.
- Search for a vehicle from other nearby businesses. Vehicles can be searched and booked directly from your mobile device or desktop computer.
- Request to reserve the vehicle and wait for the owner to accept.
- Once an Owner has accepted your reservation, you will be charged a prepaid mileage fee and a security deposit. COOP accepts all major credit cards for deposits, prepaid mileage fees, and vehicle rental payment.
- At the time of pickup and drop-off, your assigned driver will receive a text. It will include step-by-step instructions and a link to upload photos of the vehicle to document its condition, mileage, fuel level, and refrigeration hours (when applicable).
It’s easy to list a vehicle on the platform, and you can do it all from your computer or even your mobile phone. Make sure that you list the vehicles that are idle, as they may as well be paying off lease payments and their own maintenance. Follow these steps to list a vehicle:
- From your Account Management, go to Manage Fleet
- Select ‘Add a New Vehicle to your Fleet,’ this will take you to an email format where you can send all the details of this vehicle to our team.
- Fill out all these fields, as we make sure each vehicle is up to the standards of the platform.
- Once your vehicle has been added, add more details about availability, price, and preferred method of rental pick-up process on the manage fleet page.
What do I need to sign-up for COOP?
Getting started is easy! Register a new account to join the platform. You’ll be prompted to fill in some information about your business, like your Department of Transportation number (DOT#). Shortly after you complete this information, one of our team members will reach out to help create your account.
How much revenue can I generate on COOP?
COOP offers great revenue opportunities for vehicle owners of up to $5,000 per month for each vehicle you list. This will vary depending on the vehicle, its availability, and the discounts you have selected. Calculate how much you could earn from your idle vehicle with our revenue calculator.
Why should I use COOP to rent trucks?
Welcome to our platform, this isn’t your traditional rental counter. With our guidance your first truck-sharing experience will be an easy one. See our most common truck, tractor, and trailer types to see what other vehicles are available. Let’s explore why you can navigate your first rental with confidence:
- It’s free for you to join the platform and get started renting or listing vehicles. There are no recurring monthly or yearly membership fees to use the platform.
- Only when you transact, a user fee is automatically applied to your rentals. The fee goes towards covering costs that come with technology enhancements, safety measures like physical damage coverage, customer service, payment processing, and more.
- Unlike other truck rental companies, we allow Owners to list a variety of years, makes, and models to offer a wide selection of commercial rental vehicles for you to choose from. Additionally, you’ll find a variety of features that are typically only available for purchased or leased commercial vehicles.
- All Owners on COOP are required to provide vehicles in good working condition. We are proud of the high satisfaction ratings our Renters report.
- COOP offers prices on a wide variety of equipment that are competitive with local rental counters. Discounts are available for rentals that are over 1 week and you can get even more savings with monthly rental discounts.
- Each rental comes with access to 24/7 Roadside Assistance, and our trusted network of authorized vendors.
Who’s behind COOP?
A group of passionate and experienced people are working tirelessly to make COOP a product you will enjoy using. The company is also backed by Ryder System, a trusted leader in the transportation industry for the past 80 years.
If you have any questions, visit our Help Center.