Help Center

Get answers to COOP FAQs and connect with COOP customer support in our Help Center.

Do I need to provide my own insurance to rent vehicles?

Renters must have insurance coverage for rentals. And when renting vehicles on COOP, you have options for insurance.

Rental Coverage with COOP

The best option is to get coverage directly from COOP. It makes the account setup process easier and will be included with your reservation. We work with Reliance Partners through United Specialty Insurance Company to offer quality coverage at competitive rates.

Liability and physical damage insurance through COOP are charged at a flat daily rate based on vehicle type for the length of a rental. The insurance rates for your reservations are shown in the price summary breakdown before requesting to rent vehicles. Plus, we also include roadside assistance for access to our trusted network of vendors on reservations.

Our rental insurance is a quick, cost-effective, and hassle-free quality option that offers complete peace of mind during reservations.

Why Choose COOP Coverage:

  • Provides $100K physical damage & $1M liability coverage.
  • Competitively priced flat daily rates.·
  • Does not increase the rates of your current policy, avoids having to add the vehicles to your policy which may result in higher costs or down payment amounts, and prevents the risk of having your insurance carrier cancel your policy.
  • No need to fill out a COI form which saves you time and lets you begin rentals quicker.
  • Personalized assistance with the claims process in lieu of having to figure it out on your own with your provider should an incident occur.

Note: Rates are subject to change and may vary depending on reservation assessment.

Providing Your Own Insurance for a Rental

You can also choose to provide your own insurance and submit a Certificate of Insurance Requirements document. To be approved for renting on the platform, all of our requirements must be met. Businesses must have: 

  • $1 million liability policy.
  • An Any Auto physical damage policy with limits of no less than $100,000. This policy may not contain any vehicle or driver-specific endorsements.
  • Ryder Truck Rental named as an Additional Insured and Loss Payee.

To add proof of insurance for your Liability and Physical Damage Coverage when setting up your account, please follow these steps:

  1. Request a COI form from your insurance company. Click here to view an example COI form.
  2. Complete the form with your insurance company, adding Ryder as the certificate holder.
  3. Upload the insurance form and enter the expiration date under the "Add Insurance" section of your account setup page. Please allow up to 72 hours for COOP to review.
We use cookies to improve your experience and support our mission. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies