Renters must have insurance coverage for rentals. And when renting a vehicle on COOP, you have options for insurance.
If you qualify, you will receive coverage directly from COOP. It makes the account setup process easier and will be included with your reservation. We work with Reliance Partners through United Specialty Insurance Company to offer quality coverage at competitive rates.
Liability and physical damage insurance through COOP are charged at a flat daily rate based on vehicle type for the length of a rental. Plus, we also include roadside assistance for access to our trusted network of vendors on reservations.
You can also choose to provide your own insurance and submit a Certificate of Insurance Requirements document. To be approved for renting on the platform, all of our requirements must be met. Businesses must have:
· A $1 million liability policy
· Hired physical damage policy with limits of no less than $100,000
· Ryder Truck Rental named as an Additional Insured and Loss Payee
To add proof of insurance for your Liability and Physical Damage Coverage when setting up your account, please follow these steps:
1. Request a COI form from your insurance company. Click here to view an example COI form.
2. Complete the form with your insurance company, adding Ryder as the certificate holder.
3. Upload the insurance form and enter the expiration date under the "Add Insurance" section of your account setup page. Please allow up to 72 hours for COOP to review.
Restrictions on where a vehicle may be driven depends on the Owner’s preference and licensing of the vehicle in the United States. Vehicles rented on COOP cannot travel outside of the United States.Learn more
Vehicles on COOP come in a variety of year, make, and models, so the vehicle condition will vary.Learn more
Vehicles listed on COOP are typically located at the owner’s business location. Vehicles may also be located at a storage facility or secured lot, depending on the Owner’s preference.Learn more
One-way truck rentals are not currently supported by the COOP platform.Learn more
There are a wide variety of commercial vehicles available for you to rent on COOP, including cargo vans, trucks, tractors, and trailers. We consider multiple factors, like the age of a truck, to determine which vehicles are approved for renting on the platform.Learn more
Watch our overview videos to get help with setting up your COOP Renter account.Learn more
We'll reach out to you shortly to complete your setup.Done