Help CenterHelp Center For RentersThings to Know Before Reserving a Vehicle
Do I need to provide my own insurance to rent a vehicle?

Do I need to provide my own insurance to rent a vehicle?

Renters must have insurance coverage for rentals. And when renting a vehicle on COOP, you have options for insurance.

Rental Coverage with COOP

If you qualify, you will receive coverage directly from COOP. It makes the account setup process easier and will be included with your reservation. We work with Reliance Partners through United Specialty Insurance Company to offer quality coverage at competitive rates.

Liability and physical damage insurance through COOP are charged at a flat daily rate based on vehicle type for the length of a rental. Plus, we also include roadside assistance for access to our trusted network of vendors on reservations.

Providing Your Own Insurance for a Rental

You can also choose to provide your own insurance and submit a Certificate of Insurance Requirements document. To be approved for renting on the platform, all of our requirements must be met. Businesses must have: 

·       A $1 million liability policy 

·       Hired physical damage policy with limits of no less than $100,000

·       Ryder Truck Rental named as an Additional Insured and Loss Payee

To add proof of insurance for your Liability and Physical Damage Coverage when setting up your account, please follow these steps:

1.    Request a COI form from your insurance company. Click here to view an example COI form.

2.   Complete the form with your insurance company, adding Ryder as the certificate holder.

3.   Upload the insurance form and enter the expiration date under the "Add Insurance" section of your account setup page. Please allow up to 72 hours for COOP to review.

Other Things to Know Before Reserving a Vehicle articles

We use cookies to improve your experience and support our mission. By using our site, you agree to our use of cookies